Among the perils listed in the draft are these:
- FLOODING: Rising greenhouse-gas emissions will “significantly” boost the risk of floods, with Europe and Asia particularly exposed. In the highest warming scenarios of untamed greenhouse gas emissions, three times as many people will be exposed to severe river flooding as with lower warming.
- DROUGHT: For every 1 C (1.8 F) rise in temperature, another seven percent of the world’s population will see renewable water resources decline by a fifth.
- RISING SEAS: If no measures are taken, “hundreds of millions” of coastal dwellers will be displaced by 2100. Small-island states and East, Southeast and South Asia will be the biggest land-losers.
- HUNGER: Average yields of wheat, rice and corn may fall by two percent per decade, while demand for crops is likely to rise by up to 14 percent by 2050 as Earth’s population grows. The crunch will hit poor, tropical countries worst.
- SPECIES LOSS: A “large fraction” of land and freshwater species may risk extinction, their habitat destroyed by climate change.
in this summer heat, i wanna be that bear.
by @choleil: Okay, I know I just said think happy things, but I cannot let this go! This person (@santhawandew) is ripping off sooo many artists by selling our works on phone cases without our consent! This has to stop. Tag the artists if you’re familiar with them! 😤 - Very, VERY UNCOOL :(
I’m transported to a happy place by my early breakfast of a perfect oatmeal, a breakfast sandwich & Pike Place Roast while hearing a chitchat of folks who sound like they’re from Seattle. I’m almost wishing for chilly weather & grayish skies to really feel I’m there… Sarap ng umaga ko :) #starbucks